We have been working round the clock to get the site up and running. The supporting functionality to get your PCB manufactured is already in place. Here is the To-Do list that we are internally following, but we would like to open it to the world
Work in progress items( in order of importance)
1) Ecommerce integrated payment system
- We are currently accepting payments using NEFT/IMPS transactions, which we would like to keep, but not as a primary mode of payment
- A third party payment gateway integration is required.
2) Visual representation of uploaded PCB
- Parse layers in uploaded zip files and show each layer as a separate image. We have nailed down to using gerbv as our go to package/software to do this, but to make it fast and error-free requires additional development effort.
- This effort is also dependent on having a vps which can run gerbv within the hosting server itself, or be done as an external program which runs on captive server.
- We manually evaluate the size of the PCB and send pricining information on email, so this effort really kills a lot of birds with a single stone.
3) Store Front/ PCBStore
- E commerce integrated store front for commonly manufactured PCB’s.
- Dependent on having stock of manufactured PCB’s with us.
4) Login/Profile system
- We want to build a secure login/profile setup where it is easy to track uploaded designs and select designs to be added to the fabrication queue quickly.
- As a long term plan, we want to integrate PCB makers to be directly be able to sell a PCB design, while PrestoPCB handles the manufacturing.